OTX provides voice and electronic access to the market for compulsory stockholding obligations—CSO tickets—for more than 200 companies in 27 countries. Leveraging its breadth and experience, OTX is also enabling access to expanding markets for renewable fuels and renewable-fuel certificates.LEARN MORE
The International Energy Agency (IEA) and the European Union (EU) require member states to hold emergency reserves of oil products—compulsory stockholding obligations (CSO). Obligated entities can meet these obligations via:
- Physical Stock: Directly holding crude oil or petroleum products stocks.
- Delegation: Arranging leasing agreements (CSO tickets) with other participants that hold stocks in excess.
EU renewable energy directives (RED I and RED II) and national legislations set minimum renewable energy targets; a sub-target is imposed on road and rail transport. Obligated entities can meet these obligations via:
- Renewable Fuels: Blending renewable fuels into road/rail transport fuels.
- Renewable-Fuel Certificates: Purchasing renewable-fuel certificates from companies that blend renewable fuels.
OTX’s feature-rich electronic platform for CSO tickets complements its voice services, providing market participants with many benefits:
- Intuitive view of the ticket market: Facilitating a wide view of the market and a unified understanding of trading rules and restrictions.
- Streamlined workflows: Simplifying management of the lifecycle of the deals closed through OTX.
- Web-based technology: Integrating voice and electronic market access, enabling flexible, web-based interactions—no installation required.
Get in touch with us to join our hundreds of customers in more than 27 countries around the world.Join