Xpansiv Posts Record Growth, Undertakes Capital Raise to Accelerate Expansion
SYDNEY, NEW YORK, SAN FRANCISCO — Xpansiv, the global marketplace for ESG commodities, announces record activity as well as plans to undertake a capital raise to accelerate its expansion.
Xpansiv’s increased market share continues to be driven by the rapid rise of ESG markets as companies seek to fulfill carbon-neutral commitments. To date, more than 1,500 corporations have announced a commitment to net-zero. This growing dedication to decarbonization is expected to underpin market growth for decades to come, with Xpansiv’s digital infrastructure uniquely positioned to facilitate the transition.
“We have delivered exceptional growth in the first half of 2021 as global market participants organize around ESG drivers and begin to execute on net-zero carbon commitments,” said Xpansiv CEO Joe Madden.
Xpansiv business lines growing rapidly
- Q2 2021 trading volumes increased 374% on the prior corresponding period, marking the third consecutive quarterly volume record for Xpansiv’s exchange business.
- Year-to-date carbon volume traded has exceeded 50 million metric tons—a more than 60% increase over the entirety of volume traded in 2020.
- This month, the company announced the one billionth ESG asset transferred in its portfolio management system (since acquiring the technology in December 2019).
- XSignals, the company’s data business launched last year, already counts some of the world’s largest commodity-market participants as customers.
- Xpansiv announced its Digital Fuels Program in May to enable the inclusion of ESG factors across global fuels markets at scale.
Successful launch of GEO™, N-GEO™, CME futures products
- The Global Emissions Offset™ (GEO) and Nature-Based Global Emissions Offset™ (N-GEO) provide customers with standardized products to manage emissions risk.
- CME Group launched the CBL Global Emissions Offset futures contract in March with the first physical delivery completed last month.
- CME Group has also announced plans to trade a new CBL N-GEO futures contract, beginning August 1.
Successful acquisition and integration of OTX
- In March, Xpansiv announced its European expansion via the acquisition of OTX, an electronic trading and voice platform for fuels that serves more than 200 institutional customers in 27 countries.
- The acquisition enables Xpansiv to immediately expand its presence in Europe and establish a significant position in the fast-growing renewable and biofuels markets.
Multiple tailwinds accelerating rise of ESG
- ESG is becoming an increasing focus in global markets with “sustainable investments” now representing 33% of all assets under management in the US.
- Governments are setting increasingly ambitious carbon-reduction targets. The EU “Fit for 55” agenda calls for member states to cut greenhouse gases to 55% below 1990 levels by 2030. The US has committed to a 40–43% reduction over the same period, and the UK to a 68% decrease. Simultaneously, China’s Emission Trading System (ETS) commenced trading this month.
Capital raise to accelerate expansion
While Xpansiv continues to benefit from strong organic growth, a significant opportunity remains to consolidate the company’s position as the core infrastructure provider for ESG-related commodity markets. Xpansiv has a consistent track record of identifying and integrating value-accretive acquisitions, adding new products, customers, and geographies to its platform. Funds from the capital raise will be used to accelerate the company’s growth strategy, strengthening its leading position in ESG commodities.
“Xpansiv has an established track record of executing on our targeted growth initiatives,” said Will Stewart, Xpansiv Executive Chairman. “We have exceeded our projections for 2021 and intend to strategically deploy funds from this capital raise to accelerate our global business expansion.”
Sydney-based advisory firms Barrenjoey Capital Partners and Shaw and Partners have been appointed as joint lead managers for the capital raise. Separately, the company has commenced preparations for a potential listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Detailed information on Xpansiv advancements and media coverage is available here.
Xpansiv is the global marketplace for ESG-inclusive commodities. These Intelligent Commodities™ bring transparency and liquidity to markets, empowering participants to value energy, carbon, and water to meet the challenges of an information-rich, resource-constrained world. The company’s main business units include CBL, the leading spot exchange for ESG commodities; H2OX, the leading spot exchange for water in Australia; XSignals, which provides end-of-day and historical market data; and EMA, the leading multi-registry portfolio management system for all ESG-inclusive commodities. Xpansiv is the digital nexus where ESG and price signals merge. Xpansiv.com
Xpansiv company CBL provides access to the world’s energy and environmental commodity markets, facilitating the secure and seamless trading of commodities including carbon, renewable energy certificates, and Digital Natural Gas™. CBLMarkets.com
AU: Michael Mullane, Xpansiv PR Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
US: Rob Dalton and Peter Burton, Xpansiv Communications – email@example.com
 Any such listing is expected to involve an offer of ordinary shares by Xpansiv Limited and would be made pursuant to a disclosure document under Chapter 6D of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Any person who wants to acquire securities pursuant to any such offer will need to complete the application form that will be in, or will accompany, the disclosure document for such offer, if it is made.